What would you like to see more of?

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rocky's Story.

Photobucket
Rocky is the bearded dragon I was telling you about from the previous blog. I have had her since she was 3 months old, she is now just over two and a half years old. Back when I got her, she was around 15cm, she is now about 53 cms. She is a central bearded dragon.

Not sure how I came up with her name, When I first got her I just assumed she was male, so called her Rocky, when she was older I could determine the fact that she was a female, but the name has stuck.

After I had travelled 2 hours to pick a bearded dragon, there was a fishtank with 30 odd beardie hatchlings in it. I put my hand in the tank, so see if any of them would run up to me. That all looked great, but there was one running around a bit, and it had a bent tail, For some reason I chose that one, Her tail was only bent at the tip, and that came off within a week any way.

After around a year I noticed that she was getting some great colour, I had never had any health problems with her, she was eating well, veggies and all. At the start of this year, in March, there was a Reptile show in Sydney, it’s a place you can go and look at people reptiles, buy some off breeders, look at products, enclosures ect. You can also enter a reptile into a competition, I entered Rocky, We didn’t think much of it, as it only cost $20 to enter, and it was all a bit of fun. That after noon I was in hospital getting my apendics out (emergencys suck) and I got a call from Dad saying rocky had won the Best in Category award. So we got a certificate, medal and $100 for that.

Rocky Is what you would call a orange/red phase, but she has also been known to change to a more yellow colour.

This year I am breeding Rocky and have had a lot eggs from her so far, I will go into more detail on that in another thread.

Thanks for reading.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww she is so cute!

Anonymous said...

wow she,s great maybe i will get one and go to a rep site and learn lots i have so many questions to ask

Camdizzle said...

www.aussiepythons.com -- Every time ;)